Jill of the Jungle

The city of the future!
Android

Re: Jill of the Jungle

Post by Android » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:06 pm

I knew about the bindings but always forgot to use them :D

I thought the Day of the Tentacle remix was good, but Full Throttle disappointed me a bit. Can't explain why, since they used exactly the same technique to clean up the graphics.

Sunfatso: both Final Fight and Golden Axe were pretty cool games back in the day. I particularly loved Golden Axe because I could finish it with one coin -- and because the graphics were Pearianly amazing, of course. Final Fight I couldn't finish with a single coin, was it even possible? I'm pretty sure later games like Dinosaurs & Cadillacs were impossible to finish without dying multiple times.

Banjo

Post by Banjo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 am

Golden axe!!!! Blue rubber boots + blue speedo -> Ax battler is the best barbarian in fiction ever :)

Grady

Post by Grady » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:43 am

Speaking of Full Throttle Remastered, it's free on GOG right now: https://www.gog.com/game/full_throttle_remastered

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:54 am

I'd like to play Golden Axe in the arcade. I wish there were arcades. I'd love to get an arcade cabinet except where would you put it. Up for sale I think.

Ax Battler really is a hero among heroes, but I give it to Tyris Flare for her appropriate outfit.

Oh fuck, I was going to include a picture and now feel dirty. If you want to know what I mean, do an image search for Tyris Flare on Google. Cosplay is not a good thing. Also, does anyone remember they did a recent 3d Tyris Flare game? Like, what the fuck.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Android

Post by Android » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Well, yes, Tyris Flare was one sexy amazon!

All that cosplay of her is somewhat disturbing though.

Nobody remembers Gilius Thunderhead and that's sad, because he was the character you picked if you wanted to win the game solo. Poor Gilius was born ahead of his time, which essentially means before Tyrion Lannister.

Banjo

Post by Banjo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:51 pm

I really liked Gilius being the weapons dealer in Shining in the Darkness!

But actually, back when we played Golden Axe in two player mode, it was always Gilius and Tyris Flare, the "average stats" Ax Battler was really never used. Damn. Golden Axe is still quite super - and I played it for a moment with a mate on new year's eve (some PS4 rerelease the host had), we still were damn good, finished the whole game with like 2 continues between the two of us. One of the very best action thingies from the 16 bit era, I would say.

Wizard in Glass

Post by Wizard in Glass » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:22 am

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a good game and everybody should buy it.

It has similarities to From Software's Demon's/Dark Souls & Bloodborne, but the mechanics are different. And there's actually a little more story than From's usual fare. Just don't go into it expecting Ninja Souls. It is its own game, IMO. You're going to die more than twice. That much it does share with the Souls games; but once you get the mechanics and timing down, I personally think the game is easier.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:16 am

Looks like a cool game. The funny thing about it is, now that I have Xbox Game Pass I'm inclined to not buy new games but instead to hold out to see if they come up for free somewhere. That's probably not a good thing, but isn't that kind of where movies have gone? Like, why buy a movie (either physically on DVD/BR or digitally on whatever platform) when it will likely come to Netflix or one of the other countless steaming services?

Banjo we were the same way with Golden Axe. I recall playing this shit out of GA 1, 2, and 3 with Craopo on my old Sega Genesis. The dwarf was the best character and had the longest reach, and the combat of Tyris/Ax (aka the woman and man) were basically the same so you'd end up with Tyris because she had the best bikini outfit I mean magic power.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Wizard in Glass

Post by Wizard in Glass » Sun May 12, 2019 5:24 am

Blood remaster is now available. $5.00 discount (half off) from GOG.com if you have the original in your library.