Dungeons & Dragons

The city of the future!
Banjo

Re: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Banjo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Those are fun. :) At the end of the day Dark Sun is just pretty much a D&Dized ripoff of the Edgar Rice Burroughs John Carter of Mars stuff, with enough of D&D glued to it to make it seem original enough, but it's a nicely different setting and really feels like trashy pulp fiction. I like Dark Sun. Except the fuckers killed off Gnomes in the past history of the setting. I like gnomes.

Wizard in Glass

Post by Wizard in Glass » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 pm

I always liked the Thri-Kreen...9 year old Lenny's favorite Monster Manual II creature. Designed by Paul Reiche of Archon, Mail Order Monsters, and Star Control fame. (Go go Gadget Nerd Lore!)

Dark Sun was also my first introduction to Gerald Brom's artwork.

Never actually played the campaign setting, just the first PC game back when in came out, but I do remember enjoying it.

Wizard in Glass

Post by Wizard in Glass » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:03 am

Once again, WiG's poor impulse control coupled with nostalgia for 1st AD&D/2nd AD&D (pre-Player's Option) has led him to jump into the deep end without testing the waters.

After buying the Starter Set and looking over the basic rules online, I saw Amazon had the 3 core books in the $20-23 range. Under $70 for everything I need to run a campaign? Shit, that's almost early 1990s prices for hardback sourcebooks. How can I pass that up? Spend 70 to save 80. A recurring motif in my life.

Well, the bottom dropped out of the rabbit hole, and I ended up buying 3 more books because they were in the same price range (Volo, Xanathar, Mordenkainen), 2 copies of the Wilderness Tiles Reincarnated, a couple of Pathfinder map supplements, a dice bundle with enough d4's to caltrop my kitchen, almost enough miniatures for all the baddies in Lost Mine of Phandelver (still need a dragon), and the spellbook cards for wizards and clerics. Plus, my gf ordered me the Creature Codex from Kobold Press.

And I still don't know if I'm going to even have enough people to form a decent group locally. Oops. Cart before the horse. At least I'm reading something besides comics for a change. :lol:

I almost picked up Curse of Strahd, but Ravenloft was always one of my favorite settings, and I think it's one I would rather experience as a player.

Merry Christmas to me. Guess I will wait until next year to buy 3D scenery molds.

Android

Post by Android » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Cart before the horse -- I know that hobby-related buying impulse all too well.

It seems D&D is on a roll this year, right? Lots of supplements and stuff. You can always try to get some forum CRPG going (wink, wink).

I bought more miniatures I can paint in a lifetime, as well as some rulebooks in PDF form. And boxed sets. :/

Android

Post by Android » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Here's Garrek from the Chaos-y warband, appropriately named "Garrek's Reavers", for Warhammer Underworlds/Shadespire.

Garrek's Reavers - Garrek Gorebeard - 05c.jpg
Garrek's Reavers - Garrek Gorebeard - 05c.jpg (150.92 KiB) Viewed 251 times

Android

Post by Android » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:10 pm

Not that anyone cares, but hey, this stagnant forum is my playground now.

Steelheart's Champions from Shadespire:

Steelheart's Champions - forum-size.jpg
Steelheart's Champions - forum-size.jpg (164.76 KiB) Viewed 94 times

Android

Post by Android » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:43 pm

It's important that I keep Cpop alive as my personal playground, filled with my man-child hobbies. Also, because once my daughter is born I'm told by everyone I shall have to abandon all my activities not involving being her parental unit.

Here are the alien mercenary and the robot from Blackstone Fortress:
Dahyak Grekh - forum-sized.jpg
Dahyak Grekh - forum-sized.jpg (73.3 KiB) Viewed 48 times
UR-025 - forum-sized.jpg
UR-025 - forum-sized.jpg (69.25 KiB) Viewed 48 times

Grady

Post by Grady » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Here's hoping your daughter doesn't eat all your minis.

Android

Post by Android » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 pm

Right, thanks for reminding me: I was also told all that is mine will be hers (and broken).

Feasoron

Post by Feasoron » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:57 am

Android, you can always neglect your children to post here. It's definitely not what I do, no sir.