The excitement of Polis de Crap

The city of the future!
sunface
Site Admin

Re: The excitement of Polis de Crap

Post by sunface » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Padre Juan: Yep. Kind of. When I set up the new Crapopolis there were a couple of dry runs at the old host. I first installed phpBB 3.0 on the old server without wiping it, and it auto-detected all of the old themes. Some of them worked but a few of them were broken. It would be relatively easy to get them set up here again and I have it on my list. I have no idea where that list is though.

Android, Grady, um... everyone: OK I think the New User group is the problem behind the post approval shit. I've removed everyone from that group; please let me know if that worked. To be clear, the issue is that even if I put you in a group with full rights, as long as you're also a member of new users then you're subject to a bunch of limitations. I think this is a good thing as it avoids spam accounts fucking the forum with a million BS posts, but ironically the spam accounts seem to have stopped again so who knows why that stopped working briefly and now works again.

Also there were a couple of users I deleted as they looked like spam, but they were here for around a week (unable to post I guess) and I only now deleted them, and they were the only questionable accounts. So I guess our CAPTCHA works again. Woot.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:49 pm

You want even more of the excitement of Polis de Crap? I updated this shit to 3.2.3! It used to be merely 3.2.2! So, I hope you'll enjoy the extra 0.0.1 that Crapopolis now has under the hood. UNDER THE HOOD.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:26 pm

(When I said "UNDER THE HOOD" I was referring to under someone's ball sack.)

bub

Post by bub » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:54 pm

This is what Pear was attempting to say:

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:08 am

Oh that's such a classic and reminds me of Netdanzr, who I believe was the first guy in our weird world.

Android

Post by Android » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:33 am

Ok, it worked. No more approval needed.

I wonder if Netdanzr is still alive.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 pm

He's on Facebook...

Android

Post by Android » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:18 pm

STOP IT WITH FACEBOOK.

Facebook has only been a disappointment to me. Like when I found *someone* wasn't actually a chubby but lovable lawyer. Facebook takes all these Crapopolites who were like a family to me and turns them into real, boring people. Fuck facebook.

Banjo

Post by Banjo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:40 am

Fake-bub!!

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:04 am

Welcome Feasoron & Banjo! Welcome welcome!

In other news, the CAPTCHA is plainly not working. Each time I log in here there's a few new topics (I'm not sure if only I can see them because I'm an administrator, or if everyone can), with dumb topics about getting fake driver's licenses or dumb computer shit. Anyway, we may need to make all new registrations require approval, though we'll see how it goes.

In any event, Feasy & Banjo you guys can now post freely as I've removed you from the "Newly Registered Users" category that stops all the spam.