The excitement of Polis de Crap

The city of the future!
Android

Re: The excitement of Polis de Crap

Post by Android » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Requiring approval for registrations makes a lot of sense. Particularly because, once the old guys join up again, everyone else is a spammer.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:10 pm

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I was also wondering whether the old guys will join up again. Realistically this place was just left to die for quite some time. At least, by me it was; I just wasn't interested in Crapopolis. I feel differently now, and am enjoying it a lot more than I have for a while. Maybe it just needed to be reset.

Sigh.

Crapopolist melancholy.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Banjo

Post by Banjo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks Sunny! This is most excellent :paw

Governor Dick

Post by Governor Dick » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:18 am

The worst thing is Culty can read all of this and laugh at what fucking nerds you are.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:46 am

Well technically Cult Leader could just join this site, as could Tull. But I'm not sure if anyone is in touch with those people.

It's strange that ultimately what was bothersome about each is essentially the rest of us taking the site seriously:
-Tull wouldn't be honest about who he, or she, was. Rather than this becoming really insulting to the rest of us, I think it was just tedious after a while. It's like going on a first date and you don't get the good night kiss. This is OK. But by the 500th date you're like, oh fuck this I'm going to go to a prostitute.

I mean we've all had that experience, right guys?

*crickets*

Right guys?

Anyway Tull also did what Cult Leader (Leada??) did, which is to get in a lot of arguments with people. I think the issue is that these guys really didn't care about the arguments, whereas other people (myself included) got riled up by them. I'm not sure if that would still be the case, but it might be. Oh well.

Maybe it's not the best thing to remove all bans, but whatever. I just hope that if and when people rejoin this site, they do so under their own names instead of trying to adopt someone else's old username.

For this reason I'm going to abandon my "sunface" alias and return to my real name, Tommy.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Android

Post by Android » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Cultie was just weird, but in the end Tull was just an annoying troll. You could tell he had some interesting topics of conversation, but he devoted way too much of his time trying to rile others up, which soon got old. What I like about Cpop is that we can (more or less) discuss problems or worries or whatever and no-one is going to troll us here, which is why I don't think it's a place for people like Tull.