Crapopolis Stagnation

The city of the future!
sunface
Site Admin

Re: Crapopolis Stagnation

Post by sunface » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:13 am

If you combine WIG and Dicky, you get someone who still probably consumes too much alcohol!

I didn't realize you were off the sauce for so long, WIG. I've taken little hiatuses here and there but my longest was a year (which I did about a year ago). I imagine you have no regrets about quitting drinking?

Speaking of which, I got pretty blasted on Christmas and stayed up until 4am. I have no regrets... except I had a lot of regrets on December 26 when I had to pack for a ski trip. It was really the "get up and don't vomit" part that was the difficulty.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Wizard in Glass

Post by Wizard in Glass » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Not a one. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it sometimes. Not the Old Milwaukee. Definitely don't miss that shit. But every now and again when I'm reading a book or lounging on the couch listening to music, I get a craving for a glass of Beefeater.

WiG PSA: "If you're of legal drinking age in your country and you are drinking anything with the word "Milwaukee" in its name, you should probably seek help."

Hindsight's 20/20. Live and learn. ;)

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:48 pm

But it's OLD! That means it's GOOD, right?

Oh... right.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:25 am

I thought I should continue this thread as obviously we're not really seeing much traction at the new Cpop, which makes me inclined to dump it.

Is this a place anyone wants to use?

At this point I think the amount of posting suggests "no", so what do you think we should do instead? We could just create a facebook page or something like that?

Banjo

Post by Banjo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:59 am

Kyosho could start a Discord channel.

Android

Post by Android » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:22 pm

sunface wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:25 am
Is this a place anyone wants to use?
I check almost daily and I want this forum to continue. I'm alright with Cpop having low traffic -- my brain is pretty low traffic too!

I don't like posting here just to keep the forum moving. I prefer to post when I actually have something to say, or to comment on other people's posts that I find funny or interesting. I 100% welcome people posting updates about their lives because I want to know what's going on with y'all. But at the same time, I don't want you to feel pressured to write shit posts just to amuse me. I'm a bit sad BigDaddy isn't more active here, because he was a good generator of posts and discussion.

As I said before, I'll never use Discord or chat of any kind. It's ok if you guys do it, but please don't abandon this forum!

I don't like facebook groups. They tend to be a mess, facebook reorders everything however it likes (which is not how I like it), I never find what I'm looking for, and I'm never sure I don't end up posting something embarrassing to my coworkers by mistake. I'm suscribed to too many groups already (mostly hobby-related) and they give me headaches. God, I sound old.

Feasoron

Post by Feasoron » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:59 am

I'm with Android. I'm logging in most days and seeing what is new. I just haven't had anything to post, really. Life just continues on, I'm not much of one to write the whole "life update" threads, though I enjoy reading them. Anyway, my vote is for this place to live on.

Feasoron

Post by Feasoron » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:59 am

I'm with Android. I'm logging in most days and seeing what is new. I just haven't had anything to post, really. Life just continues on, I'm not much of one to write the whole "life update" threads, though I enjoy reading them. Anyway, my vote is for this place to live on.

Banjo

Post by Banjo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:05 am

Yeah, even some random posts make it worth having this place. Especially as not everyone is on Discord - the occasional chitchat there probably lessens the need to just post some stupid oneliners, but if there's stuff to say even a couple of paragraphs let alone actual longer form stuff is much more fun to write on a forum.

I also say live! Or at least living death.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Basically, CPOP is there for people who have nothing going on in their lives to post about their lives when something goes on in them. ;-)