Return of the Obra Dinn

The city of the future!
sunface
Site Admin

Re: Return of the Obra Dinn

Post by sunface » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:58 pm

That's a great explanation Grady, thanks. That's pretty interesting that you find it really tiring. That said I find reading to be tiring somewhat, though I'm able to read during the day for hours on end without having to sleep. But at night in bed, reading is the best way to fall asleep.
Android wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:51 pm
"Ball Blazing Fantasy" is legit good and deserves the rave reviews it got.
Fixed.

I'll check this game out (Obra Dinn) because I think the art style is fantastic. Strangely about Papers Please is that I downloaded it from GOG way back when you first recommended it, and have literally never played it. I got to clear my backlog.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Android

Post by Android » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:23 pm

You should play it because Papers Please is awesome, much like Lachie's Ball Blazing Fantasy.

Governor Dick

Post by Governor Dick » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:59 am

I tried it and although the concept is interesting and the music is good, I thought the information you got was a little bit too arbitrarily limited and the gameplay too repetitive. Didn't retry but probably no replay value.

I expect better recommendations next time.

Android

Post by Android » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:09 pm

It's a fixed story with fixed characters you have to find out, so of course no replay value. It's a puzzle. It has my personal "game of 2018" award :)
I expect better recommendations next time.
No.

Governor Dick

Post by Governor Dick » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:42 am

In case you hadn't noticed yet it's 2019 now. New year, new recommendations.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:15 pm

So I've been playing... hmm. Microsoft Solitaire Collection on my iPhone. Which is probably about the saddest thing anybody's ever written.

I was playing Oblivion on my Switch for a while, until I remembered why I stopped playing. It just gets fucking boring. I don't think I'm going to finish it. I don't like how monsters get tougher just by having more hit points and becoming damage sponges. Lame. Also the monsters no-sell everything. If I'm blowing you up with a fireball you should at least fly through the air on fire, not just keep running toward me. It's a fucking ball of explosion going off on your nuts, react for fuck sake.

I also started playing couch co-op Halo with my buddy. He has an XBOX One and the Master Chief collection. So far, it's awesome. We got about halfway through it last week and are going to hit it again this week.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Android

Post by Android » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:20 pm

You disappoint us all.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:56 pm

You shut your turd-eating hole, Android.

Android

Post by Android » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:16 pm

sunface wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:56 pm
You shut your turd-eating hole, Android.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 am