Moonlighter

The city of the future!
sunface
Site Admin

Re: Moonlighter

Post by sunface » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Android wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:49 pm
Stronghold is a series of Castles-like games. I've never played them, but they have good reviews and apparently many fans. You can buy most of the series on GOG, apparently with some remade in HD versions: https://www.gog.com/game/stronghold
LOL holy shit does that game ever look better than Castles...
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Grady

Post by Grady » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:47 pm

sunface: No, never did play Moonlighter. I probably will eventually. Maybe. Hopefully.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:42 am

I grabbed Stronghold as it was on a super cheap sale at GOG (like most games this season). I went to try it last night and, given its age, started with the manual. Which is huge. I played FTL instead.

But I have the game! Interesting thing is that it's Stronghold HD, but if you look in the package (I've installed it on Mac) it has the original non-HD version in there for you to play as well. I don't know whether that's really a good thing or just a completionist/nostalgia thing, but it's there!
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Android

Post by Android » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:39 pm

I played FTL instead
This is always a good choice. I also recommend "Into the Breach", from the same team.

As for low HD, I think it's indeed a completionist/nostalgia thing. Which makes sense, since playing Stronghold at all is a nostalgia thing! :D

Banjo

Post by Banjo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:09 pm

D&D Stronghold or the other Stronghold?