Dungeons & Dragons

The city of the future!
Wizard in Glass

Re: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by Wizard in Glass » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:41 pm

I've actually thought about trying to make my own modular tiles and walls for dungeon scenery, something like a poor man's Dwarven Forge. "Thought" about is the key word here, until I came across this place last week and saw his Gloomhaven walls and floors tutorial. And now I think I know what I'm going to have Santa bring me for Christmas.

Android, those are really good paintjobs on your figures. Almost makes me reluctant to post my own stuff. I don't do very well on the shading parts. I can do okay on the dry brushing, but often overdo it. The only washing I've done is with AP's Strong and Dark tone inks that came in my set, but I haven't really gotten the knack for making them work good for me yet. My figs end up looking dirty rather than shaded.

I honestly wish more people would do metal figures alongside the plastic ones. I don't mind the plastic and I do appreciate you can get a lot more figures for your money than with metal, but I miss the "heft" of the lead that keeps them standing and in place if a strong draft comes through the room. Also, bent metal minis are easier to straighten. I don't miss the lead poisoning part of them, though.

I bought a box set of the old TSR Marvel Super Heroes miniatures on ebay and finally got them earlier this week. I am glad the quality of sculpts has improved over the years. :lol:
HULK SMASH!!!
I have a ton of mostly unfinished projects.
The story of my life. And my impulse shopping habits if a price is really low. Case in point: even with all my Conan and Robotech stuff to paint, I bought B-Sieged: Sons of the Abyss because it was on sale for $25 bucks and included around 70 miniatures. I don't know if the game is any good and don't know if I'll ever find someone to play it with. I just liked the way the figures looked and 3/$1.00 wasn't something I could pass up.