Y'all disappoint me

The city of the future!
Android

Y'all disappoint me

Post by Android » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Post more stuff. OR ELSE.

PS: in about a month I'm going to be a dad. The thought both thrills me and terrifies me.

Banjo

Re: Y'all disappoint me

Post by Banjo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:10 am

The chat probably hurts even the random posting.

In other news, there's a Traitor Komissaar + his Ogre sidekick expansion coming for Blackstoner Fortress.

In other news part 2, I finally got Realm of Chaos by Bolt Thrower on vinyl :)

Android

Post by Android » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Yeah, I saw that Traitor Commissar expansion, and I want it!

So everyone's on Discord now? That's bad for me, I guess, but cool if you're all still shooting the breeze.

Banjo

Post by Banjo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:30 am

Well, it's mostly Kyosho and Stufens sometimes talking, me and jim posting some music links, Demi and the Mexican going to gym and me spamming gifs of Io Shirai and Kairi Sane.

You should cave in and check it out, it's not fun at all!

Wizard in Glass

Post by Wizard in Glass » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:05 am

Sorry to disappoint. Been busy with cats (down to 11), work (dodging layoffs...thankfully I haven't been hit yet, but been working a lot of OT to cover some of the downsizing), and Mom got her knee replaced a few months back (spending a lot of time with her helping her out with stuff).

I did finally get around to watching Stranger Things (I liked.) and actually managed to finish a couple of games: Call of Cthulhu and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Liked them both, but neither has much to offer in the way of gameplay. I guess it's more the experience/atmosphere that I enjoyed.)

Android

Post by Android » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:19 pm

WiG, sorry about your troubles with your mom and the impending layoff. I forget your line of work.

I'm not sorry about the cats though. I mean, you have too many. 11? I think one, maybe two cats are cute. Three are a... pack? Eleven are a feral horde which has taken over your house.

Stranger Things is cool, especially the first season. I found season 3 a bit meh.

I can't find the time to play videogames these days. Senua's Sacrifice seems like it has a cool backstory, but it also seems like something I'd rather read about and watch videos of than actually play.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:09 am

I really liked Season 1 of Stranger things, but didn't love season 2. We just started season 3 and thus far I find it irritating. I think I need to just go with it.

Has anyone watched "Dark"? That show is amazing.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Banjo

Post by Banjo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:30 am

Haven't watched either series 2 or 3 of Stranger Things for some reason, guess I will eventually, but as everyone is saying that neither really captured the awesome of the first series, I keep pushing watching it forwards and forwards. Dark is on my watchlist, on a pretty high priority. I need to watch more.

Andy - got them encounters and items supplementary card decks for Blackstone Fortress. Seemed useful enough for gameplay variation. :)

Wizard in Glass

Post by Wizard in Glass » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:24 am

Add giant fucking tree limb taking out my AC unit to the list of stuff going on...

On the plus side, I now know how to use a chainsaw. :twisted:

I also had a long discussion with my gf about the cat fostering. We are no longer going to take in new animals. We'll still have our current brood until they are adopted, but then that's it. With both of us working more and more these days, it's getting harder and harder to keep up with all the litter boxes, feeding, and administering medications at the house. We're still going to help out the rescue with events and feeding the feral colonies, just no more boarders.

Android- I'm currently working in the utilities area of a plant. We run boilers that supply steam needed for the manufacturing areas. We also have steam driven turbine generators, but electricity prices have been low enough these last couple of years that it's more cost efficient to buy from the power company rather than make our own, but the capability is there if prices suddenly spike.

Android

Post by Android » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:20 am

Banjo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:30 am
Andy - got them encounters and items supplementary card decks for Blackstone Fortress. Seemed useful enough for gameplay variation. :)
I really want that expansion.

On the other hand, it seems I won't be able to finish painting my core box: my daughter was born two weeks ago :) I predict she will take all my available time, and also my unavailable time :P