Where words fail, music speaks

The city of the future!
sunface
Site Admin

Where words fail, music speaks

Post by sunface » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:16 pm

When Hans Christian Andersen said “Where words fail, music speaks,” he was speaking to cmuse-dot-org, as part of their 100 famous and inspirational music quotes. But everyone knows that. What we don't know is what you consider to be good music and it's time to change that. But before we can see your video, let's see if I can figure out how to get a simple youtube tag implemented.

Holy shit, looks like Sunface isn't old, incontinent, and completely incapable. Suck on that. Tag added!

Anyway about the music, earlier this week a video was making the rounds showing graphics from retro VHS boxes, and they were playing a Home song behind it. So I started listening to them, and they're really chill. Enjoy this one, called "Resonance," which according to Apple Music is their top song.

If you want more, here's the album it's from. This is pretty good to drone out to.

Now it's your turn - I implemented the YouTube tag you ingrate.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Governor Dick

Re: Where words fail, music speaks

Post by Governor Dick » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:06 am

Android

Post by Android » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:29 pm

I like listening to jazz while I code. It has the added benefit of allowing me to ignore the racket my coworkers make, always moanin'

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:10 pm

Those were interesting picks.

The "aphrodiziac" song was generically chill, which I'm fine with, but I wasn't sure whether the singer/talker was trolling me. After a few minutes I got into it regardless.

The Moanin' song is pretty awesome. I like how it starts with a moanin' sound. I got really into this.

I feel like the 3 tracks presented so far go pretty well with each other. It would be cool for the next person's recommendation to consider the flow of the songs. Or don't, what the fuck do I care.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:49 am

YACHT is a weird band that's a longtime favourite. We've seen them live a few times and they put on a fun show, but this is a band that's always been one step removed from being outstanding. I like this aspect about them, because it prevents them from being really popular. I used to think that bands I like should be come really popular but over time some of the bands I've liked have become really popular and it leads to frustration as instead of them playing at a small venue for $20 they play for $200 at a huge venue you don't want to be in that's full of assholes you don't want to see a show with. But this is a band that will have a fantastic song followed on their album by an interesting clunker, and it becomes apparent that this isn't a band that's doing it for the money but rather a band doing what they want. And I like a lot of what they do.

Anyway this is one of their more approachable and funny songs so I recommend you listen to it.

Android

Post by Android » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:19 pm

I too thought the future would be cooler.

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:41 am

It's hotter.