Y'all disappoint me

The city of the future!
Wizard in Glass

Re: Y'all disappoint me

Post by Wizard in Glass » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:09 pm

Congratulations! May you have as many more as you want! *paw*

Seriously, congrats, dude. I know how much joy my niece and nephew have brought to my life, so being an actual parent has got to feel so much more amazing.

Android

Post by Android » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:14 am

Thanks! Yes, it is amazing. And tiring. But mostly amazing!

Grady

Post by Grady » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:49 am

Congrats, Android! Seems like everyone I know is having, or has had, kids these days. Guess that's normal when you get this old.
Wizard in Glass wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:24 am
feeding the feral colonies
Hang on, you guys feed colonies of feral cats? Why? Cats are nature's best hunters. Do you secretly have a plot to take over the world with your cat hoards? Or is it their plan, and you just happen to know about it? Are they extorting you out of food so you'll be exempt from the slaughter when the day comes? If so, can I get in on that? I like cats just fine. I'd be okay with them ruling over us.

Android

Post by Android » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:31 am

Grady wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:49 am
Guess that's normal when you get this old.
What the... :D

But you know what? It's true. I'm 42. I was starting to worry about what kind of decrepit old dad I was going to be when my kid was older. So it was now or never.

Anyway, the birth of my daughter distracted me from what's really important:

Blade-Runner-1982-Roy-Batty-and-his-creator-Tyrell-800x553.jpg
Blade-Runner-1982-Roy-Batty-and-his-creator-Tyrell-800x553.jpg (68.32 KiB) Viewed 751 times
RIP, Rutger :(

Wizard in Glass

Post by Wizard in Glass » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Grady wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:49 am

Hang on, you guys feed colonies of feral cats? Why? Cats are nature's best hunters. Do you secretly have a plot to take over the world with your cat hoards? Or is it their plan, and you just happen to know about it? Are they extorting you out of food so you'll be exempt from the slaughter when the day comes? If so, can I get in on that? I like cats just fine. I'd be okay with them ruling over us.
With the colonies, we do a managed TNR (trap/neuter/return) system. Any kittens or cats that can be socialized go into foster homes until they are adopted. Ones that can't be socialized get vaccinated and released. Feeding them helps lessen their toll on the local bird population.

Grady

Post by Grady » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:19 am

Ohhh, so you're trying to prevent the cat apocalypse. I understand now.

But seriously, that's kinda cool. Good way to control the population. Man, that's gotta be a lot of work for the surgeons, though.

Wizard in Glass

Post by Wizard in Glass » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Yeah, the vets stay pretty busy between helping out various foster orgs and regular clientele. Although with male cats, the surgery can be performed in a couple of minutes. Takes a bit longer for females.

There's another non profit, Fido Fixers, that helps out in this capacity. It's like a nut chopping bookmobile* that goes to a location and does surgeries on cats/dogs that are dropped off in the morning and then picked up in the afternoon. The one in our area is partnered with the Humane Society to offer reduced cost/free spay/neutering service. Most of our current fosters were done by them.

* (Nothing like a bookmobile, but "Nut Chopping Bookmobile" made me smile when it popped into my head, so I had to write it.)

Feasoron

Post by Feasoron » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:25 am

We got a new kitten. She mostly sits on my head.
cats2.jpg
cats2.jpg (201.09 KiB) Viewed 522 times

sunface
Site Admin

Post by sunface » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:49 am

Haha that kitten is super cute. My wife is allergic to cats otherwise I think we'd have one. That said, I think she's also allergic to dogs and lapins and we have some of those.

Android - congrats on having a daughter!!! That's amazing as I thought replicants weren't able to reproduce. I think this joke may have already been made in this thread.
This post should now end this thread due to its definitive embodiment of the subject.

Android

Post by Android » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Thanks Sunfatso! I'm thrilled about being a (replicant) dad and love my (replicant) daughter, but as you can guess it doesn't leave me too much spare time.

I hope when she grows old enough this site still exists, so that she can log in and read all of the dick jokes and that time when you stole Cultie's gamecube.

Also: it confuses me that in those photos Feasy is sometimes sporting a Gordon Freeman beard and sometimes he isn't; and sometimes he is wearing glasses and then he isn't. What sorcery is this!?